Five interesting facts about small businesses.
1. Small businesses make up 99% of all businesses in the U.S.
Small business are comprised of 500 employees or fewer
2. Over 50% of workers in the U.S. work in a small businesses
3. Over half of small business are are home-based.
4. 78% of small businesses are self-employed individuals with no other employees.
5. You don’t have to quit your day job in order to start a small business.
You CAN have a day job, PLUS have a business on the side where you make extra money – in case you didn’t know (but you probably did).
Also, being self-employed, freelancing, sole-proprietor, having a business where you’re the only employee is really all the same thing – even if in addition to another job.